2020 Toyota Supra
The Japanese company Toyota at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS-2018) presented a new generation of sports coupe called Supra and we offer to learn more about what technical characteristics the car will get, which will go on sale already in 2020.
A bit of history
The first modification of the car was produced since 1978. It was designed on the basis of the popular production Toyota Celica subcompact. Only in 1986, the model became completely independent and received the current designation Supra. Initially, the Japanese concern produced four generations of a sports car, but gradually production was discontinued first in America, and in 2002 in Japan itself.
In recent years, interest in sports cars, especially those made in the coupe, has renewed again, so Toyota decided to revive the production of the legendary model. Among the existing competitors of the Supra sports coupe, the following models should be noted:
- Porsche 718 Cayman;
- Ford Shelby;
- BMW M3;
- Nissan Skyline.
According to Toyota management, the following new features will help withstand competition:
The 2020 Toyota Supra's exterior image reflects the sporty and dynamic character of the car, but at the same time it has individual features, which makes the car easily recognizable.
To create such a design, the designers of the Japanese company used the following solutions:
- the design of the front bumper is made in the form of an aerodynamic wing to create downforce;
- increased tilt of the front glass;
- massive air intakes;
- long hood;
- narrow three-lens head optics;
- triangular LED rear lights;
- side mirrors on special racks;
- rapid line of transition of the roof to the stern;
- compact rear spoiler;
- high wheel arches;
- compact front windows;
- protruding rear wings with a slot for air intake;
- rear bumper with an additional integrated brake light;
- large exhaust diffusers.
The created new appearance of the model looks modern, but at the same time, individual features of previously released passenger cars of this brand are visible.
As befits a classic sports car, the 2019 Toyota Supra saloon received a two-seater performance. The interior architecture is also made taking into account the high dynamic properties of the car.
Among the main parameters of the interior can be noted:
- high anatomical seats with integrated head restraints and enhanced lateral support;
- multifunction steering wheel in a three-spoke version;
- raised wide central tunnel with elements for controlling and tuning the transmission, as well as compartments for glasses;
- a direct front console with an attached widescreen display of the multifunctional complex;
- significant side armrests.
For design, genuine leather was used, and it is possible to use it in several colors, high-quality plastic, decorative carbon inserts, as well as a light edging
The dimensions of the new Toyota Supra 2020 are:
|Length||4 380 mm|
|Width||1 870 mm|
SpecificationsWhen developing a sports car in the 2020 Supra design, numerous technical solutions were used that were used in the BMW Z4. This allowed Toyota to reduce the development time of the car, and among the most interesting solutions we can distinguish:
- adaptive shock absorbers with two types of settings;
- an independent suspension design with Mcpherson struts in front and a multi-link mechanism at the rear;
- the same parameters in the chassis settings;
- Brembo disc brakes;
- Active differential mounted in the rear axle.
To obtain high dynamic parameters in the device of the new machine, a large number of parts made of aluminum, carbon fiber, as well as strong and especially durable steel were used.
Like most sports cars, the novelty has rear-wheel drive. In the form of a power unit for the 2020 Toyota Supra, a gasoline engine with technical characteristics was used:
- number of cylinders - 6;
- location - in-line;
- volume - 3.0 l;
- power - 335.0 l. from.
The specified engine is aggregated with an eight-band automatic transmission with several settings for various driving conditions.
The following equipment and systems were used in the vehicle equipment:
- keyless access;
- 19-inch wheels
- LED optics;
- folding exterior mirrors;
- multimedia complex with a monitor in 8.8-inch and touch control;
- climate control;
- all-round visibility;
- heat shields;
- projection display;
- automatic lighting and cornering lights;
- automatic valet parking;
- navigation complex;
- Cruise control.
The company will present the final list of all available equipment closer to the start of mass production.
Price and start of sales
The first copy of the updated sports car from Toyota went under the hammer for $ 2 million. We offer to evaluate how the car looked in the top configuration Launch.
Of course, all other connoisseurs of sports coupes will have to wait. Sales of Toyota Supra 2020 model year are planned only in the middle of this year. But the price of the basic version will be much more affordable - it is determined by the manufacturer at 49.9 thousand dollars. It is known that in addition to the base, customers will be offered Launch Edition and Premium versions at a cost of 55.3 thousand and 53.9 thousand dollars, respectively.
The Japanese concern will announce the start of Russian sales and the cost of new items later.
See also video Review of the new Toyota Supra 2020: